We are not a courier! It is important to know that in many countries, including Spain, it is illegal to transport animals and white goods, furniture, bikes etc at the same time as animals in the van.
When we are transporting animals to Europe or the UK we WILL NOT take any donations or personal items other than items specifically for an animal in transit: bedding, food, medicines etc.
When we driving back from the UK or after delivering to Europe we will bring back donations on the following basis:
1. We will only bring back items related to the animals: blankets, medicines, beds, toys, food etc.
2. We will NOT bring back anything of a personal or commercial nature.
3. We will only bring back donations that can be collected and delivered on our scheduled route. (In the past we have been asked to take 25€ bags of food when the addition fuel cost would have been 100€ and an additional 5 hours driving!)
4. We will only bring donations back for our Preferred Transport Partners.
5. We will NOT delay our transport for donations, increase our costs, or incur additional travel time.
We will require a 25€ contribution towards our cat re-homing project for any donation transported.
No apologies if this sounds harsh! Our only concern is the safe delivery of the animals and we will not compromise their safety, space or time in the van collecting or dropping off donations. Each transport is demanding physically so the last thing we can do is add time to each one waiting for donations to be dropped off or collected, or delivering them.
Please be aware then when requesting that we bring back donations that our route varies from transport to transport and if we get a last minute booking for an animal to be transported that takes total priority over route and schedule. We will not compromise the animals cages by loading heavy objects on top, or inside them, so please be very specific as to the size and weight of any donations you want us to bring back. We are insured for the transportation of the animals, not your personal items so in the event that anything goes wrong then that’s just tough luck I am afraid.
If you have donations to be brought back to Spain for one of our Preferred Transport Partners (check list in Sidebar to see if the rescue you want to send donations is one) please complete this form. BUT before you do please contact them to make 100% sure they want the donations and will be able to collect them from us as per our schedule. YOU are responsible for ensuring the rescue accesses the password protected transport page to monitor the schedule and be at the relevant location on time.
We have NO facilities to store donations so anything not collected will be dumped as finding homes for unwanted or uncollected donations is not on my agenda!